Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Job SummaryResponsible for proper and timely recording of financial
transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally
accepted accounting principles. Prepare and maintain complex
financial statements and reports. Major Tasks, Responsibilities,
and Key Accountabilities
- Prepares and enters journal entries for general ledger
accounts. Areas of responsibility may include cash, prepaids,
inventory, and accruals. Audits journal entries and accounting
classifications assigned to various records for accuracy.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly financial
statements for management review and assists with the budget
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations
relative to the accounting reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and
accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and develops or recommends accounting
methods and procedures
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments,
locations and divisions.
- Assists with coordinating activities of associates performing
accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas.Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and InclusionWe are
committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and
advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of
our people.Equal Employment OpportunityHD Supply is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: HD Supply, Smyrna , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!