Company: Emory Healthcare/Emory University
Posted on: March 15, 2020
- Under general supervision, performs routine office tasks
following prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Answers unit/department telephones and greets visitors
according to departmental procedure, screens calls, and takes
messages or refers caller/visitor to appropriate staff member.
- Greets visitors in a courteous manner.
- Receives, opens, dates, and distributes incoming mail to
- Prepares and mails outgoing correspondence and
- Sets up, organizes, and maintains various departmental and/or
patient files according to established procedures.
- Retrieves appropriate information upon request for internal and
- Arranges and schedules appointments and regular or intermittent
meetings for one or more managers, prepares daily schedules,
prioritizes requests for meetings, and makes and confirms travel
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and/or special events.
- Takes minutes as requested.
- Takes and/or transcribes dictation.
- Types medical reports and summaries, patient histories,
operative notes, proposals, manuscripts, and letters requiring a
knowledge of medical terminology from rough draft to final
- Proofreads generated documents for grammar, punctuation,
spelling and factual correctness and conformance to policies.
- Advises writer or supervisor of policy deviations.
- May direct the work of student and/or temporary employees.
- May interview applicants and provide input to performance
- Tracks vacation and back up coverage schedules.
- Processes employee time cards and transactions after review and
- Operates standard office equipment including telephones,
copiers, fax machines, and computers. Inventories, orders, and
maintains office supplies and forms.
- Completes purchase requisitions and receives supplies.
- Enters, updates, maintains, compiles and retrieves data from
- Documents how to access files.
- Generates regular or special reports and/or statistics after
collecting and organizing data.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.MINIMUM
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of clerical or secretarial experience.
- A knowledge of medical terminology.
- Previous experience with various personal computer software
- Positions within this classification may require the ability to
type or keyboard 40 accurate words per minute.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(MediumMax 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 25 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting
environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area
and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste
Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical
shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor
conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries,
Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal
protective equipment, including respirators, environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
tasks.Apply NowConnect With Us!Not ready to apply?Division The
Emory ClinicCampus Location Smyrna, GA, 30080Campus Location
US-GA-SmyrnaDepartment TEC Ortho - Sports Med Exec PkJob Type
Regular Full-TimeJob Number 50929Job Category Clerical &
AdministrativeSchedule 8:30a-5pStandard Hours 40 HoursEmory
Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to
providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and
decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment,
and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship,
genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran
status or any other classification protected by applicable federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Emory Healthcare/Emory University, Smyrna , Medical Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!