Technician Apprentice Program
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWaste Management (WM), a Fortune
250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and
environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed
to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and
financial strength. - WM serves nearly 25 million customers in
residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets
throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.
Have you graduated from a trade school and are now ready to put
your experiences to work? Do you have diesel mechanic knowledge at
a junior level and are ready to join a professional fleet where you
can learn and grow? If so, Waste Management may have an opportunity
for you as a Diesel Mechanic Assistant in our Mechanic Apprentice
Program (TAP). The Mechanic Apprentice Program (TAP) is a Waste
Management initiative designed to take junior level mechanics and
develop them as professional mechanics for a fleet maintenance
career track within Waste Management. Besides part time and
full-time employment opportunities and a training program, the
candidate may receive tools as a part of the program. The ideal
candidate is someone with a trade school background or junior level
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971.
With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest
trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and
leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural
Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states,
the District of Columbia, and Canada.I. - Job SummaryWorks under
direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish
assigned tasks. - Performs minor repairs and limited preventive
maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment. - II. - Essential Duties
and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - Other
minor duties may be assigned. -
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Washes vehicles and equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists senior mechanics in the completion of project
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards. III. - Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties.IV. - QualificationsThe
requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications
necessary to perform the job.A. - Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: No previous experience required.B. - Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required. V. - Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.Normal
setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.BenefitsAt Waste
Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. - As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! - Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. - Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Smyrna , Technician Apprentice Program, Engineering , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!