Senior Manager, Strategic Projects
Company: The Home Depot
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Position Purpose: The Sr Manager, Strategic Projects is directly
responsible for leading the strategy and execution of the company's
enterprise program offerings. This includes research and
development of a comprehensive strategy and multi-year roadmap to
enable and expand on these capabilities. The Sr. Manager will be a
deep subject matter expert on a variety of customer focused
capabilities to drive an omnichannel customer experience. - The Sr.
Manager will be responsible for selecting and managing new and
existing vendors while also growing and developing a team of direct
reports and cross functional partners to support the program
strategy. Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 25%: Build and champion the customer focused program strategy
for the company. Provide business leadership to product management
teams to identify and launch new inventory. Provides day to day
technical leadership and execution for the program
- 25%: Developing and managing a team to drive program execution.
Provide day to day leadership on program strategy and execution to
both internal and vendor teams. Provide guidance on revenue
opportunities and goals across stakeholders teams
- 20%: Work cross-functionally and externally with the teams
responsible for implementing new products. Evangelizes program and
roadmap internally to partner product and engineering teams
- 10%: Promote and grow the program with both internal and
external partners. Partners with internal teams and evangelizes
program internally with organizational stakeholders
- 10%: Select and manage external vendors as needed to support
- 10%: Develop reporting tools and monitor ongoing performance
Nature and Scope:
- This position reports to the Director, Strategic
- This position has 0 Direct Reports Environmental Job
Requirements: Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area.
Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not
objectionable. Travel: Typically requires overnight travel 5% to
20% of the time.Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically
acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or
equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job. Years of
Relevant Work Experience: 6 years Physical Requirements: Most of
the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is
frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be
a need to move or lift light articles. Preferred
Qualifications:Deep experience in creating omni-channel customer
experiences in retail e-commerce, and on-site . Software management
experience a plus. Experience leading, managing and developing
teams in a rapidly expanding environment.
- Experience managing and launching business products and
- Understand key business drivers for a product/program
- Identify/manage business, operations, and product needs, along
- Build business plans for program to drive revenue
- Experience managing software vendors and relationships
- Understand how to partner, manage, and motivate software
- Identify challenges and lobby for feature requests with goal of
driving revenue and program forward
- Experience with managing and growing teams
- Hire and develop team members for growth within
- Hold team accountable to deliverables while teaching and
- Experience with change management
- Understand how to partner, manage, and motivate internal teams,
build good will, and drive long term alignment
- Evangelize program and team to internal orgs
- Understand how to lobby and build cases for additional
- Excellent at listening and conflict resolution
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Thoughtful in approach to solving problems
- Has led high velocity projects
- Aptitude for risk Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
- Develops Talent: Develops others as individuals and informal
leaders. Provides basic coaching, feedback, and guidance to improve
performance and aligns employee goals with group and organization
- Decision Quality: Makes reasonable and timely decisions under
difficult and/or urgent circumstances that address root causes of
problems. Gathers and analyzes relevant information from several
sources and necessary persons. Builds consensus around
recommendations, especially when conflict exists. Assists others in
problem solving and decision making. Follows up on results and
provides feedback for analysis.
- Plans & Aligns: Stays focused on plans, but makes adjustments
when changes or unexpected events occur. Aligns own group's work
with the activities of other workgroups across THD. Ensures that
plans address the main risks and provide appropriate contingencies.
Looks to the future and determines the main resources required to
accomplish goals; takes adequate steps to obtain them.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and leaders accountable for
setting and meeting agreed upon commitments. Establishes and
actively seeks input from formal feedback loops designed to drive
accountability. Uses key indicators and processes to monitor the
organization's performance against goals. Addresses poor
performance in groups; does not allow team to lay blame or make
- Manages Conflict: Settles differences in opinion involving self
and others or other in productive ways with minimal noise.
Considers the perspectives of others and approaches objectively,
defending own opinion, flexing to another's, or suggesting some
combination of both as appropriate.
- Drives Engagement: Drives to do one's best; encourages others
to do so. Makes group members feel as though their contributions
are important. Invites input and shares ownership and visibility.
Structures work so it aligns with associates' goals and
- Collaborates: Partners with others on or across groups or areas
as expected. Effectively represents and balances own and collective
interests when collaborating others. Credits others for
contributions and accomplishments.
- Customer Focus: Actively stays attuned to customer needs and is
sharply focused on the customer; guides others to do so.
Consistently delivers expected value to customer; guides others to
do so. Identifies gaps between actual and expected service levels;
adjusts as necessary to close gaps; guides others to do so. Quickly
develops and maintains strong customer relationships.
- Drives Results: Has a track record of exceeding individual and
group goals successfully despite obstacles and setbacks. Guides,
encourages, and motivates others to drive towards individual and
group desired results. Consistently measures against projected
results to adjust pace for delivery that meets or exceeds time and
- Communications Effectively: Presents information in a clear,
concise, honest, and logical manner. Communicates effectively
across mediums with peers and those somewhat more senior in
business and technical areas. Uses active listening in
understanding message content and point of view; clarifies as
needed. Takes non-verbal messages into account.
Pay Rate: -
Keywords: The Home Depot, Smyrna , Senior Manager, Strategic Projects, Executive , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!