Centralized Dispatch Manager
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This manager level position manages the day-to-day operations of
centralized dispatch. This position ensures success by establishing
and maintaining performance and productivity metrics and cost
management processes. Reviews operational efficiencies, safety,
service, and other operational problems with the sales, customer
service, and operations functions in order to maintain a high level
of customer satisfaction.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
be assigned as required.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of centralized
- Assists in meeting districts residential, commercial, and roll
off efficiency goals.
- Communicates roll off capacity to districts.
- Ensures district rosters are reported to central dispatch
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes, procedures, and
programs to improve safety, productivity, and profitability of the
- Maintains and understands Service Machine standards.
- Runs daily Service Machine reports to verify recovery and
- Delivers verbal and written disciplinary action to employees
- Conducts performance reviews for employees using the PDS
process and other appropriate performance management
- Recruits, selects, hires and ensures training of dispatch
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of
degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of
relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two years of supervisory or management experience
(in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Proficiency using computer applications to record, analyze, and
- Work experience resolving human resource and labor relations
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Smyrna , Centralized Dispatch Manager, Executive , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!