Strategic Account Manager
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Strategic Account Manager
The Manager, Strategic Accounts primary responsibility is to manage
large chains, mass merchandisers, and membership clubs across the
country. This position drives sales and new assortment
opportunities to achieve sales plan. This role will develop and own
corporate relationships and associated initiatives of assigned
customers. This is a highly visible and critical leadership
function that reports to the Director of Sales, Strategic
The individual must exhibit the following core TireHub
Approachable - If a company could smile, we would. Instead, we rely
on our people to show it. We care about each other and our
customers because we know business only gets done right when people
respect each other and value relationships.
Adventurous - What TireHub is set up to do is intentionally
outrageous. So, we readily embrace challenges with the courage to
introduce new ideas and the ambition to build something unique.
Relentless - We tackle our work with energy. We deliver on our
commitments with enthusiasm. And we don't give up until we get to
Speedy - Speed is the currency in the tire industry. When we commit
to a job, we get the job done and we do it fast.
Achieves volume and margin targets for assigned book of
Collaborates with shareholder partners to find opportunities to
drive YOY volume growth.
Develops and manages customer program budget, as applicable.
Manages T&E budget to remain within budget.
Owns and manages the business relationship with assigned customers,
- Operations, and IT support.
Owns and maintains the data pertaining to all hierarchies of
customer organizations, from hourly workers to C-suite.
Develops and leads annual and multi-year collaborative
cross-functional strategic initiatives.
Owns and leads the Quarterly Business Review process with assigned
Discovers assortment opportunities and collaborates with the
Product Assortment team to ensure optimal product assortment for
assigned customers across all regions.
Owns and leads the customer monthly collaborative forecasting
process from a sales perspective, in coordination with the Demand
Collaborates with Operations teams to provide increased customer
service quality, to include owning customer issue resolution.
Coordinates with Customer Master Data team for set up of all new
and maintenance of all existing customer locations to ensure proper
billing and service.
Acts as the central point of contact person for customer issues,
resolution coordination, and communication.
Drives customer efficiency and stickiness through connectivity
opportunities with IT.
Provides Business leadership on all major customer IT
Develops and champions business cases for IT investment.
Helps prioritize customer IT projects with Sales Operations and
advocates for the customer throughout the process.
Provides input, direction, and business cases, as appropriate, to
pricing team to strategically gain share on non-transfer
Completes additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the
marketplace to advance the organizations goals.
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of
key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and
sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively
- 5 years of increasing sales experience, to include management
of large, national customers.
- 3 years of sales experience in the tire industry
- Sales experience as a manufacturers representative
- Experience in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven history of successfully communicating with all levels of
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Valid Drivers license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Consumer tire industry knowledge to include manufacturers and
their respective product offers, product screens/pricing tiers, and
- Account Management
- Supply chain processes
- Assortment processes and strategies
- Demand planning processes
- Program development and management, to include necessary
financial acumen to properly analyze during development.
- Business Intelligence tools (Power BI), with the ability to
understand the data and make it actionable, not just report
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and
- Home-based role, with ability to travel up to 50%, with
The annual salary compensation range is $92,000 to $136,000
Keywords: TireHub, Smyrna , Strategic Account Manager, Executive , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!