Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Pulmonary Medicine
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: January 12, 2022
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions
and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion,
pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission
is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of
every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining
example of what's possible when the brightest professionals
dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare
industry, and in people's lives. Responsibilities The Medical
Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical
Lead, Clinical NurseSupervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office
Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms inadvance.
Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction.
Includes preparing patient for exams, assisting during treatments,
coordinating tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in
themedical record. Assists with explaining patient instructions to
the patient/family. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve
patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent,
adult and geriatricpopulations. Performs other duties as necessary.
Job Requirements: Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.Preferred
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which
the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation
-Required Minimum Certification
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing
body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and
maintained Medical Assistant Credential
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart
Association, prior to hire date.Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred. Specific
experience in practice specialty may be required.Required Skills
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient
comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English
language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care
and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar
Credo and Code of Conduct.
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Smyrna , Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Pulmonary Medicine, Healthcare , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!