Staff Nurse (LPN)
Company: Ridgeview Institute - Smyrna
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationRidgeview Institute - Smyrna, GAPosition
TypeFull-Time/Part-TimeEducation LevelNot SpecifiedJob
ShiftAnyPosition SummaryThe Staff Nurse (L.P.N.) is a licensed
practical nurse who assists in providing nursing care through
collaborative efforts with health team members in accordance with
the nursing process and the standards of care and
- Document patient information and nursing care in the provision
of nursing services.
- Document any significant changes in the patient's condition in
facility policy. Alerts the registered nurse of changes needing
- Report any signs or symptoms of infection in patients to the
Infection Control Nurse.
- Verify the accuracy of patient records.
- Employ principles of communication, interviewing techniques,
problem solving and crisis intervention when performing
- Intervention is based on knowledge of psychiatric and medical
nursing procedures, as well as
the plan of care.
- Accurately administer medication to patients.
- Transcribe and carry out physician's/licensed practitioner's
treatment orders accurately and assigned by the RN.
- Utilize appropriate interventions in psychiatric and medical
- Provide data as appropriate for the development of an
interdisciplinary treatment plan with specific and measurable
goals, objectives and interventions defining actions unique to each
- Assist in the revision of the plan as goals/objectives are met
or when the patient's condition changes.
- Document both the nursing interventions on the treatment plan
and the patient's response to the
- Assure patients are adequately oriented to the program.
- Monitor program activity and encourage patient participation.
- Assist in providing nursing care to patients, during episode of
4 Provide structure and maintain a therapeutic environment in
collaboration with the patient and other health care providers.
- Consistently utilize universal precautions and environmental
- Utilize self as a role model to promote health
- Provide education to patients and families based on their
identified needs and limitations, such
as, communication, interpersonal and social skills as well as basic
principles of physical health.
- Provides and documents discharge instructions including food
and drug interactions, diets and
activities, as appropriate.
- Document the effectiveness of all patient teaching.
- Provide opportunities for patients and families to question,
discuss and explore their feelings
about prescribed therapies/interventions/diagnosis.
- Participate in performance improvement programs.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Act as the patient's advocate and assure that patient rights
- Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA
regulations and risk
- Utilize time constructively and in an organized manner to
accomplish assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrate guest relations in communication, cooperation and
in giving assistance to patients,
physicians/licensed practitioners, co-workers and visitors in a
prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow facility, departmental and personnel policies and
- Comply with the employee Code of Ethics.
- Works overtime in a case of emergency or as deemed necessary by
- Attends mandatory educational programs and annual in-services.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
supervisor.QualificationsEducation: Graduate from an accredited
licensed practical nursing required.Experience: A minimum of three
(3) years' experience in a psychiatric health-care facility
preferred.Licensure: Currently licensed to practice by the Georgia
State Board of Nursing.Additional Requirements: Must pass a
medication administration exam before administering Medications.
CPR certification and successful completion of CPI including
restraint and seclusion policies, within 90 days of employment, and
prior to assisting in restraining procedures.
Ridgeview-Smyrna offers competitive rates and benefits; time off,
medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term
disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Ridgeview Institute - Smyrna, Smyrna , Staff Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!