Addiction Psychiatry job
Company: Caduceus Healthcare
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Department of Veterans Affairs
Place of Performance:
- South Cobb VA Clinic, 2400 Herodian Way, Smyrna, GA
- Oakwood VA Clinic, 4175 Tanners Creek Drive, Flowery Branch, GA
- Atlanta VA Clinic 250 N. Arcadia Avenue, Decatur, GA
- Pickens VA Clinic, 934 E. Church Street, Jasper GA
- Atlanta VA Medical Center, 1670 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA,
- South Fulton VA Clinic, 1800 Phoenix Boulevard, College Park,
- Fort McPherson VA Clinic, 1701 Hardee Ave., SW, Atlanta, GA
- Covington VA Clinic 10155 Eagle Drive, Covington, GA 30014
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Period of Performance: One (1) Year; December 1, 2022 – November
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Active Medical License in ANY State, Territory, or Commonwealth
of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must be Board Certified or Eligible per the American Board of
Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- Minimum one (1) year of experience.
- Experience working with Veterans Affairs (VA) is highly
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Records Systems.
- Active DEA registration.
- Active BLS.
- Must be US citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the
- Evaluation, Emergent Treatment and Management: Employment of
the principles of emergency care for life/limb threats,
resuscitation and stabilization, triage, diagnosis, and
- Responsible for providing comprehensive psychiatric services
for Veterans enrolled for care in the Atlanta VA Healthcare System
- Provide general psychiatric care to male and female adult
Veterans which includes, but is not limited to, conducting
diagnostic evaluations, psychiatric consultation, medication
management, and individual psychotherapy.
- Prescribe the appropriate psychotropic medications, provides
general clinical management of patients, and requests appropriate
consultations with other medical disciplines.
- Assess risk factors and develops a preliminary disposition
plan, involving the Veteran (and with his/her consent,) the
- Provide treatment for common diagnoses to include anxiety
disorders, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depression and
other mood disorders, Substance Use Disorders, Bipolar Disorder,
Schizophrenia, other Serious Mental Illnesses, and mental disorder
related to Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Provides assessment of serious and complicated cases involving
psychiatric illness, catastrophic medical conditions, dementia and
other high-risk diagnoses.
- Exercise clinical judgment in the selection of or adaptation of
standard and accepted clinical theories, techniques, and practices
in treating patients or developing new techniques and programs for
the treatment of specialized problems or clinical
- Be a member of a behavioral health interdisciplinary treatment
team and will work collaboratively with other disciplines on the
team in providing comprehensive care.
- Establish professional working relationships with clinical
service providers within the medical center and the Community Based
Outpatient Clinics (CBOC's), providing telephone and curbside
consultation as needed and screening consults that are received for
appropriateness prior to scheduling.
For additional information and compensation information, please
email your most recent resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We
look forward to hearing from you soon!
Keywords: Caduceus Healthcare, Smyrna , Addiction Psychiatry job, Healthcare , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!