Licensed Practice Nurse - Orthopedics
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides support for team and provider(s) during facility
encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs follow-up care
per provider instructions and in accordance with scope of practice.
Assists with patient education. Documents clinical information into
the medical record.Essential Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting
current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the
medical record according to guidelines (e.g., hearing, vision,
- Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g.,
medication, dressings, specimen collections, irrigations, suture
removals, and IVs) and documents patient response.
- Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician
- Initiates interventions and health education according to
- Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician
electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of
- Educates patient and provides preparation materials for
diagnostic studies according to guidelines.
- Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology,
consultants and follow-up appointments as ordered by
- Effectively provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing
health education for panel, patient and family.
- Resolves patient concerns promptly.
- Participates in process of interviewing, selection, orientation
and training of new team members.
- Participates emergency care as necessary and as directed by
physician and registered nurse.
- Maintains department Quality Improvement standards.Basic
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- Practical Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.--Preferred
- Health care experience preferred.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service
Assessment.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Smyrna , Licensed Practice Nurse - Orthopedics, Healthcare , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...