Supervisor, Fleet Shift
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 22, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Supervises the fleet of primary and secondary equipment within
assigned area and in alignment with corporate objectives.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability
through effective supervision of fleet and maintenance activities
within the assigned area, including cost control, employee
development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate
guidelines and objectives.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet
- Supervises effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics
are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Managements
Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed
programs in a timely fashion.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance
shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance
- Administers personnel needs of the department including
selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and
evaluating employee performance.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic
driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships
among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees,
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Two (2) or three (3) year College Diploma in a
related field of study, or in lieu of diploma, High School Diploma
or GED or High School Equivalency and two (2) years of work
- Experience: Two (2) years of previous work experience (in
addition to education requirement).
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid drivers license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation,
Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Smyrna , Supervisor, Fleet Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!