SQL Supply Chain Analyst
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job SummaryGather disparate data from various data sources;
analyze and normalize to ensure data integrity for analysis.
Provide consistent, relevant and accurate data as well as
guidance/knowledge of the data and definitions that are available
for analysis.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Trains and educates analysts on supply chain strategies,
inventory management strategies, analysis techniques, sourcing
techniques and tool development. Coordinates analysis, gathers best
practices and develops strategies in support of business case
development. Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry
trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into
a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company
benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Creates or prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepares
reports with charts and graphs and for ad hoc requests. May make
- Presents recommendations based on findings and analysis.
Provides input on policies and procedures.
- Mentors and assists in the supervision of analysts to ensure
accuracy, timeliness, and overall project completion
- Performs other duties as assigned.Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to
solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex
problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees' professional development but does not have hiring or
firing authority.Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas.REQUIRED SKILLS -
- Supply Chain or Warehouse Operations Experience Required
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, V-look ups, formulas,
- MS Suite Products
- SQL Required
- BS/BA Degree
Keywords: HD Supply, Smyrna , SQL Supply Chain Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!