Lead Software Test Engineer(ServiceNow)
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Service Enablement Lead Software Test Engineer is
responsible for the software quality assurance in support of
ServiceNow platform solutions. The experienced candidate will guide
Test Engineers as well as perform the responsibilities for
managing, planning, and executing quality assurance test activities
during all phases of Agile sprints and releases (e.g., test plan
development, development of test scripts, test automation,
execution of test scripts, defect management, involvement with
debugging and troubleshooting issues, etc.).To be successful in the
role of Lead Software Test Engineer one must have an Agile mindset,
which involves collaboration, focus on quality delivery, and
effectively working in a fluid, fast-paced environment while
maintaining good communication with management and matrixed team
- Ability to work in a "team first" mentality where teams swarm
on objectives and success is determined at the team, rather than
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines within
specified time constraints
- Ability to adapt to changes in assigned work tasks, duties, and
priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Flex Forward - a flexible approach that will evolve as we learn
new ways of working together with a focus on the customer and
employee experience of the future. These beliefs illustrate our
overarching goals and aligns with our vision. Key Responsibilities:
- Mentor and guide test engineers responsible for the software
quality assurance of ServiceNow platform solutions.
- Adhere to current testing process and enhance to adapt to the
- Lead the maturity of ServiceNow ATF usage.
- Partners with Technology Development teams and Product Owners
to collaborate on testing needs and performance within the delivery
- Enhance the acceptance criteria identified in our
- Own and mature the testing process.
- Conduct automation tool assessments.
- Establish Performance testing standards.
- Ability to lead internal and external offshore resources.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements and translate
them into manual and/or automatable test scenarios.
- Adapts to changing requirements, estimates/re-estimates work
efforts, and test creatively with an organized risk-based
- Provides ownership and accountability for assigned testing,
keeping aware of progress and risks per milestone.
- Creates reliable work estimates and schedule for self and
others, and identifies associated dependencies, constraints, and
- Exercises complete test coverage of all areas of risk on a
- Assesses testing issues and risks and communicates internally
- Provides effective communication on the progress of tasks,
goals, objectives, and testing efforts.
- Performs work and partnership within an Agile development team
and fosters a team mindset with all delivery team members to work
towards shared goals and objectives. Understands agile software
methodology and tools.
- Develops an understanding of Cox Automotive applications and
their interdependencies with ServiceNow applications, customers,
and business processes within the areas they support.
- Collaborate and partner with Application Development,
Engineering, Architecture, Product, Release Management, Agile
Practitioner, and Operations teams in a matrixed environment as
needed to ensure team coordination, synergy, and quality assurance
of successful project delivery. Qualifications:Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
related area and 6+ years experience OR MS w/ 4+ years experience
OR 10 years experience of equivalent combination of industry
related professional experience and education.
- 6+ years of software testing and 4+ years test automation
- Ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience working
hands-on with testing the ServiceNow platform both manually and
- Experience with software test tools (e.g., Quick Test Pro,
Quality Center, HP ALM, JUnit, NUnit, Selenium, Rally etc.), defect
tracking tools (e.g. HP QC, Rally), variety of operating systems
and application platforms, manual and automated software test
processes and tools, software development life cycles and
- Experience operating in a scaled agile delivery framework and
working in an Agile delivery model on a Scrum team is valued
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail
and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent soft skills such as: interpersonal, leadership,
presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with
teams throughout organization
- Proven ability to collaborate across integrated teams to
deliver quality results Core Competencies:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Proven track record of achieving software quality success in a
dynamic, fast-paced software development environment.
- Ability to innovate new and unique approaches without guidance
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities while ensuring
thorough testing to deliver quality results
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- ITIL background is a plus
- ServiceNow ATF Certification is a plus
- Experience with Rally Agile software is a plus To be employed
in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background
check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a
pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However,
we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under
the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during
work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is
prohibited.About Cox AutomotiveAt Cox Automotive, people of every
background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and
community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and
uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands
like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more,
we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness.
Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!About
CoxCox empowers employees to build a better future and has been
doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and
innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and
healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox
Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for
us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!Benefits of working
at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page .Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer -
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a
qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such
accommodations would cause an undue hardship.Statement to ALL
Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes
only from agencies with which we formally engage their services.
Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Smyrna , Lead Software Test Engineer(ServiceNow), IT / Software / Systems , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!