Company: CENVEO WORLDWIDE
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of
print and related offerings is seeking experienced Industrial
Machine Adjusters and Machine Adjuster Trainees in its Smyrna, GA
envelope manufacturing facility for 3rd shift (11pm -- 7am).
Training will take place on 1st shift (7am -- 3pm) and eventually
transition to the permanent shift. The schedule is Monday - Friday
with Saturdays required during busy season. The ideal candidate
will have a High School diploma with a minimum of 2 years of
relevant mechanical work experience in a production environment and
the ability to perform in a high volume environment work with speed
and accuracy. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo
encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities
across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South
America and Central America. Cenveo provides competitive pay and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and
Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401k,
as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other
benefit plans. Job Summary Maintains and adjusts automatic envelope
machines from die-cut blanks or rolls of paper. Installs gears,
plunger, rollers, or other machine parts to accommodate specified
size envelopes. Turns set screws to adjust feeding, folding,
gumming, sealing and glassine applying mechanisms according to size
of envelopes made. Operates machine for trial run and measures
dimensions of first piece to ensure conformance to specifications.
Observes operation of machines and examines machine parts visually
to detect worn or outdated parts. Disassembles machine to replace
broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools. May provide
training and assistance to lesser skilled adjusters/trainees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions) These
are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to
perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sets up and adjusts various types of converting equipment for
safe and efficient operation in the production process. This
includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters
involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and
cleaning of the equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials
necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments
- Performs machine adjustments both standard and specials to meet
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged worn
components of machine.
- Assists in performing changes, adjustments and repairs on
- Assists in adjuster/operator training.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned
- Examines product for defects, ensures quality process is
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes
corrective action accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures
consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is segregated properly,
weighed, recorded and placed in the proper waste container.
- Change window rolls (overhead)
- Flexibility with machine assignment.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if needed.
- Ensures support materials are available to maximize
- Notifies Supervisor of recurring equipment problems and
corrective action taken.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Compliance with company policy including safety rules and
- Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste,
etc). Other (Non-Essential) Functions Includes functions which are
normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these
functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a
"Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
- May provide coverage for packer based on business needs.
- Other duties and assignments as required. Job Requirements
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum: Two years previous print mechanical experience.
- Preferred: Four years previous envelope adjuster
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preferred working with Envelope equipment highly
preferred. (202, RA, SW, 627, 249, etc.)
- Excellent mechanical, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Basic math skills and the ability to accurately read a
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Ability to change tasks and direction quickly depending on
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace Physical
Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and
- Frequently required to reach, bend and stoop.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds with
- Manufacturing environment. Exposure to high production/output
machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue,
etc -- all materials an employee may come in contact with are
detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant
- Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a
standing position for a full shift.
- Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety
shoes. Cenveo is an EEO Employer -- --
Keywords: CENVEO WORLDWIDE, Smyrna , Machine Adjuster, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!