Head of Patient & Platfrm Solutions US
Company: UCB Inc.
Posted on: October 13, 2020
Help us transform patients\' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference
for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together,
we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions
that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering
The Head of IT Patient & Platform Solutions US partners with UCB's
Patient Value Units to orchestrate the development of commercial
patient solutions beyond the drug, and healthcare ecosystem
platforms to be deployed for the United States market. This person
will manage the overall portfolio of technology patient solutions
(products and services) for all UCB therapeutic areas that are
targeted to patients and stakeholders outside of a clinical
setting. This role is a member of the IT U.S. leadership team and
will liaise with global IT members driving patient solutions, as
well as other affiliates (e.g. US, China, Japan,…)
You will Contribute by:
* Partnering with the different entities at UCB who are developing
solutions beyond the drug.
* Translating the strategic commercial beyond the drug goals into
roadmaps of capabilities. In collaboration with global IT, either
develop or integrate and operate the specific solutions or ensure
this is done to meet these goals
* Guiding the business in technology choices, including with whom
and how to partner.
* Ensuring such solutions are trustworthy, secure, safe and
compliant. Work with the global IT teams to ensure such solutions
are developed or integrated and operated.
* Delivering projects in close collaboration with all parties
involved (business and IT, internal and external partners),
following the IT project methodology.
* Following market trends and industry best practices with the aim
of sharing the acquired knowledge inside UCB and of applying it to
propose innovative solutions.
* Ensuring compliance of the solutions to global process and legal
requirements, follow validation guidelines and SOPs.
* Actively taking part in the implementation of the IT strategy
* Managing budget for cost center including budgeting process,
actuals and forecast
* Managing Patient Solutions team
Interested? For this position, you'll need the following Education,
Experience and Skills:
* 5+ years of progressive experience in the digital healthcare
* 3+ years of functional & technical knowledge of relevant
technology solutions proposed towards patients beyond the drug
* 7+ years of change management and advanced project management
experience with major enterprise-wide initiatives, including
technical implementations and workflow transformation
* 3+ years experience managing a team of diverse internal &
* Proven management success in a multinational environment, of
which 5+ will be in IT
* High level of comfort with digital healthcare strategies, trends,
and opportunities and discussing and strategizing the use of web
* Knowledge of core digital marketing competencies including email
marketing, digital advertising, SEM, and social media.
* Understanding of pharmaceutical industry commercial
* Passion for technology and patient solutions beyond the drug in
* Able to evaluate new technologies in view of creating patient
value with a strategic perspective in mind.
* Able to engage in strategic relationships with executives
* Be agile by being able to perform at operational and tactical
* Have strong listening, communication, facilitation, influencing
and analytical skills
* Be ready to challenge and be challenged
* Embrace diversity
* Proven track record of coaching/mentoring individual contributors
into more senior roles
Why you should apply:
Do you want to contribute in bringing real value to patients living
with severe diseases while driving innovation forward?
Join UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will
be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive
compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to our team and join one
of the most dynamic & forward-looking organizations in the
To apply, please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a
simple question: How will this create value for people living with
severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we
do, our approach from discovery to development to delivery is
continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations
in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical
company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in
cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing
chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are
looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real
understanding of patient s needs and can deliver thoughtful
solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the
workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national
Keywords: UCB Inc., Smyrna , Head of Patient & Platfrm Solutions US, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!