Make your mark for patients.
We're here because we want to build the future and transform
patients' lives for the better.
At UCB, our people are our experiences and achievements, our
passion and drive. That's why we're looking for talented
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences - not just the
best and brightest, but those who care about making a meaningful
difference in the lives of patients. We promote an environment of
diversity, openness, and respect where people can make valuable
An exciting journey lies ahead. Will you join us in pushing the
boundaries of what's possible?
To strengthen our Legal team based in Smyrna, Georgia, we are
looking to fill the position of: Sr. Paralegal
The Senior Paralegal will focus on providing a broad range of
legal support for UCB's biopharmaceutical business, including a
number of business functions. The role requires an intimate
knowledge and understanding of legal and business issues in the
biopharmaceutical industry. It involves working closely with the
attorneys (both U.S. and global) as well as autonomously with
You would like to work in an environment where you can:
- Help streamline contract preparation, approval and maintenance
- Liaise with internal stakeholders regarding contract
- Manage corporate secretary support for certain U.S. entities,
including preparing meeting agendas, drafting minutes and
resolutions, and submission of state filings.
- Support one of UCB's business units.
You will contribute by:
- Drafting, reviewing, editing and negotiating a broad range of
contracts (e.g., master services, vendor, consulting, clinical
trials, market research, SaaS, licensing, manufacturing,
collaborations, as well as a range of healthcare professional
- Supporting procurement processes and activities.
- Managing process improvement projects related to the Legal
Interested? For this position, you'll need the following
education, experience and skills:
- 7 + years experience working as a corporate paralegal
- 7 + years of critical and creative thinking about complex legal
issues; provides solutions to same
- 7 + years of strong writing and verbal skills
- 7 + years of being an excellent teammate, including strong
communication and collaboration skills
- 7 + years of effective interaction with business and other
functions across the organization
- 7 + years of using a proactive approach to work, including
excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability
to work independently and with varying degrees of supervision
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Project Management experience a plus
- Familiarity with anti-kickback and false claims laws
- 5 years' experience working in a pharmaceutical or medical
device company or a law firm practicing in these areas
- Strong proficiency in technology, including but not limited to
Word, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint, and Excel. Familiarity with
contract management systems a plus
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a
simple question: How will this create value for people living with
severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we
do, our approach - from discovery to development to delivery - is
continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and
With a team of approximately 7,600 employees and worldwide
operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global
biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our
revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on
addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a
real understanding of patient's needs and can deliver thoughtful
solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in
the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national