Company: Dessert Holdings
Posted on: May 30, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Lawler Foods is a
leading manufacturer of gourmet cheesecakes, cakes and pies that
are used in restaurants, hotels and other fine foodservice
establishments around the world. Lawler Foods' business has been
built on the solid foundation of "home-made" taste and quality,
using the finest natural ingredients to bake creamy cheesecakes,
moist layer cakes, and grandmother-quality pies. The company
operates out of Humble, Texas. Customers include national
restaurant chains, wholesale clubs, and retail outlets in the
United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. www.lawlers.com
Pay Rate: $12.25/hr
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST:
Perform Quality Control functions in the laboratory and in the
manufacturing facilities to include analytical tests, evaluations,
and quality audits. Monitor and carry out components of the
food safety & quality management system from incoming materials to
finished products for compliance to specifications &/or policy
and to ensure product quality, safety, & legality. Provide
technical support with an emphasis on customer expectations,
continuous improvement opportunities, and productivity
- Perform routine audits throughout the facilities to ensure
compliance to food safety & quality programs and policy, GMPs, and
sanitation standards Take action on noncompliant issues &/or
notify the appropriate supervisor or manager.
- Perform sampling and microbiological testing of equipment,
facilities, utensils, air, water, etc. to audit sanitation
practices and monitor environmental conditions as related to
- Prepare reports and provide assistance / recommended corrective
actions for deficiencies resulting from sanitation audits and
- Collect finished product and raw material samples for
evaluation and testing in the QA lab.
- Perform analytical tests, and product evaluations on raw
materials and finished products for compliance to specifications
- Perform sensory evaluation of raw materials and finished
- Prepare shipments of samples for microbiological & analytical
tests to be performed at an outside laboratory and coordinate
shipments with sample shipping clerk to ensure that samples are
delivered on time and in good condition.
- Collect production check sheets, reports and documentation –
maintain files according to the company record retention
- Communicate with other departments within the company on
out-of-specification products & materials, foreign material issues,
and other matters of noncompliance.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting as needed to
support the food safety and quality of our products.
- Keep informed on current developments & technology, regulatory
issues, customer requirements, and other significant issues related
to our business and inform QA management as needed.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, meetings,
committees, seminars, and training events as required.
- Maintain laboratory facilities and equipment in accordance with
good laboratory practices.
- Manage the inventory of laboratory supplies to meet operational
- Oversee daily and periodic instrument calibration on laboratory
equipment and maintain the QA instrument calibration log as
- Coordinate shelf life testing according to schedule –
facilitate sensory and microbial testing, compile results, maintain
documentation according to departmental policy.
- Maintain retention samples for finished products per customer
- Minimum of 2 years overall food industry experience in
positions of increasing responsibility in Food Safety, Quality
Assurance, &/or Technical Services.
- Certificate of training and actual experience in HACCP.
- Knowledge of &/or experience with the GFSI (Global Food
Safety Initiative) including BRC or SQF.
- Experience in and knowledge of issues related to food safety &
quality and the food industry.
- Very good analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and
- Ability to review & interpret data and prepare reports,
presentations, & recommendations as needed to upper
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills – Microsoft Office, manufacturing /
Gryphon Investors: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160718005738/en/Gryphon-Investors-Acquire-Lawler-Foods
Keywords: Dessert Holdings, Smyrna , Quality Technician, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!