EMCOR Services Aircond is wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR
Group, Inc. focusing on providing commercial customers with HVAC
mechanical contracting services as well as deploying expert field
technicians for the maintenance, repairs, and energy efficient
replacement of HVAC systems. More information on the company can be
found at www.aircond.com. Annual sales for EMCOR Services Aircond
are in the range of $60 to $65 million. EMCOR Group, Inc. is a
Fortune 500 company.
Operations Supervisor - Billing
Supervise Service Billing team to ensure delivery of quality
work product and customer service to internal and external
customers. Expedites and coordinates the flow of work within and
between internal departments. Assists with resolution of service,
technical and/or system issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Supervise Service Billing department-seven direct reports
- Using COINs (business accounting system), generate and post
Service Repair billing invoices daily.
- Supervise Service Repair month end billing processes.
- Review and process Service Repair billing credits.
- Prepare manual service cost allocation & correction journal
- Prepare monthly billing for key accounts - approximately five
accounts - one to five invs / account / mo.
- Ensure customer accounts key data is current in COINs,
including material mark-ups and labor rates.
- Handle special billing requests / requirements for key accounts
- approx.. five accounts - one to five invs / account / mo.
- Complete new customer web portal registrations and train team
- Audit billing processes to ensure timely and accurate work
order to invoicing of service work.
- Report and resolve all business system issues with system
- Assist Credit Department in researching delinquent
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Resolve all issues escalated to management.
- Streamline and implement process improvements where
- Assist with / back up for office supply orders and travel for
- Other duties as required to facilitate the efficient flow of
business and utilization of company resources
- Strong computer skills as well as familiarity with COINS TI,
Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and other web based programs.
- Strong work ethics is required.
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll
as it relates to job costing.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and in
writing is necessary.
- Demostrated excellent customer service, organizational and time
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines is
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to change and thrive in a hectic,
fast paced environment.
- Time and material billing knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Contract billing knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Prior HVAC, Automation/Controls and/or Water Treatment service
business knowledge/experience is a plus.
Direct or indirect management of approximately 5 employees in
the Service Billing Departments. Is responsible for the overall
leadership, development, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and
three to five years of relevant billing experience in a service
organization billing environment preferred. However, candidates
with a high school diploma or a general equivalency diploma (GED)
and seven to ten years of billing experience in a similar
environment supporting external and internal customers, vendors
and/or clients in multiple locations will be considered. Prior
supervisory experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial statements and
contract documents. Effectively respond to the most sensitive
inquiries or complaints. Write communications using original or
innovative techniques or style. Conduct effective and persuasive
presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management
and business unit headquarters.
Define problems, collection of data, establishing facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or graphical form and deal with
several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands associated with this position are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics associated with this
position are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Occasional
overnight travel may be required, in addition to extended hours
during reporting periods and peak season.
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
It is the policy of EMCOR Services Aircond to conduct all
business activities in a responsible manner, free from recognized
hazards; and to respect the environment, health and safety of our
employees, customers, suppliers, partners, and community neighbors.
EMCOR Services Aircond is committed to providing a safe and healthy
workplace. It will not be satisfied until its premises and services
are free of recognized hazards, its employees, and its operations
environmentally friendly. We will provide training, protective
equipment, and the safest work environment possible for our
employees to perform their jobs, but in the end, safety becomes an
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled