Night Shift Production Supervisor
Company: Dessert Holdings
Posted on: June 2, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Atlanta Cheesecake Company
LLC, a Dessert Holdings company, is a leader in the dessert
industry producing innovative, eye-appealing, mouth-watering
products of the highest quality for the best possible price. Our
focus is gourmet products for the consumer.
The Night Shift Production Supervisor reports to the 2nd Shift
Production Shift Manager and is directly responsible for the
day-to-day production and processing operations. This person will
be responsible for achieving safety, quality, delivery, cost, and
motivational objectives (SQDCM) through both individual and team
contributions and collaboration with fellow team members. In
addition, this person will continuously monitor line performance,
quality, costs, and safety to ensure that they are within standard,
and initiate corrective and preventive actions when standards are
not met. The Baking Manager provides direction, leadership,
development, and support to direct reports through empowerment,
teamwork, on-the-job assignments. The Baking Manager contributes to
on-going Continuous improvement (CI) initiatives and is a key
member of the overall Production Team.
Operation of Production Lines
- Manage workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting
processing variables; observing control points and equipment.
- Develop and apply Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean
Manufacturing (LM) tools to continuously understand problems and
- Proactively develop cross functional and shift-to-shift
collaborative relationships to transfer knowledge and drive
Leadership, Supervision, and Individual & Team
- Provide direct supervision to approximately 65 production
employees. Direct partnership to an additional production
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, feedback and
coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and
- Achieve manufacturing objectives by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating,
coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Develop individual and team capability using skill assessment,
coaching, training, developing personal growth opportunities and
performance management tools
- Offer shift/department cross functional leadership to other
Compliance with Regulatory, Company and Industry Best
Practice Operating and Safety Requirements:
- Satisfy Food safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources, maintaining compliance with established SQF and GMP
policies and procedures.
- Monitor & Maintain Employee, Equipment and Facility compliance
with OSHA Regulatory and Company requirements for Occupational
Budgeting and Management of Line/Department Resources &
- Effectively manage Line/Department Operating and Labor
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Professional Contacts/Relationships Within & Outside
Dessert Holdings - Inside ACC: Interact with
immediate team & production employees, supervisors & staff.
Outside ACC: Interact with vendors & contractors.
- Physical Requirements - Move objects of up to
50 lbs.; Position self to designated working area; Operate standard
office equipment; Communicate effectively with fellow employees &
clients; Assess daily tasks & achieve them in a timely manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite-Excel, Word,
power-point a must.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Creole)
- Project Management/Continuous Improvement experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, industrial management,
- 3+ years in management role
- 3 + years in food manufacturing facility
- Shift flexibility including extended hours, weekends and
holidays when required
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
initiatives and tools
- Strong Oral & Written Communication skills
- Ability to facilitate team meetings and trainings
- Proven Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of diverse
backgrounds and with varying education and expertise levels
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and basic
- Effective planning, organizing and priority setting
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited college or
We offer the chance to work for a stable and growing company
where your contributions and efforts are rewarded.
- Competitive salary, depending on educational background, skills
and experience level.
- health insurance plans, inclusive to additional supplemental
- Life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan PTO, and 8 Company Observed holidays
ACC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a safe
and healthy work environment
Keywords: Dessert Holdings, Smyrna , Night Shift Production Supervisor, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!