Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program Manager
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Assurant is seeking an experienced Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion Program Manager to join our growing DEI team!
The DEI Program Manager will be helping to progress,
develop and champion Assurant’s DEI program. In this role,
you will partner with colleagues across human resources and
other departments to develop strategies and programs that cultivate
and strengthen Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at Assurant and
position us as a great place to work, grow and belong. With a key
focus on organization and implementation, the position
reports to the Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and will help
build actionable tools to execute our DEI strategy.
- Build out, grow, and manage Assurant’s ERG Program, providing
guidelines, tools, structure, and resources.
- Refine and execute an innovative, comprehensive, high-impact
ERG strategy that integrates voice of the ERGs, enterprise
structure, business strategy and leadership engagement to advance a
diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
- Energize, engage, and support ERGs in efforts to deepen a sense
of belonging, community, and inclusion both within their groups and
across the enterprise.
- Partner and provide guidance, consultation, and coaching to ERG
leaders to support ERG strategies, programs, and initiatives
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders to ensure ERGs
are aligned to business strategy and opportunities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual ERG
strategic plans and budgets aligned with DEI strategy.
- Collaborate and build relationships with ERG executive
sponsors, to ensure success of ERGs.
- Develop and manage ERG metrics dashboard to share, measure, and
promote ERG progress.
- Partner with ERG leaders and executive sponsors to plan and
execute annual ERG Summit.
- Manage and oversee relationships with other DEI councils.
- Grow into other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate environment,
preferably with experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion,
Human Resources, Consulting, Communications or
- 2+ years of progressive experience in diversity,
equity, and inclusion or relevant experience developing and
implementing DEI strategies and programs in a global
- 2+ years of experience designing, operationalizing, and
managing Employee Resource Group (ERG) programs and
- 1+ year of experience analyzing data, Excel strongly
- 1+ year of experience creating communications (Word/PPT)
to engage stakeholders
- 2+ years of program and project management skills
strongly preferred, including capable of creating and communicating
a clear project plan, tracking progress, and keeping stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business Administration,
Communication, Marketing, or related field)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of DEI
best practices including effective approaches to attraction,
recruitment, selection and engagement
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with
innovative solutions to new challenges
- A highly effective communicator with the ability
to clearly and concisely write and articulate ideas, concepts, and
proposals to engage team, peers, and management.
- Ability to form strategic partnerships and influence key
stakeholders such as Talent Acquisition, Human Resources,
Communications, Marketing, and Business leaders.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and complex problem-solving,
emerging with strategic plans and deliverables
- Fluency in data analysis to inform strategies and create
metrics and accountability for effective, inclusive business
- Strong presentation creation and delivery skills; ability
to present information in a clear, concise manner
- An inherent sense of urgency to drive great results,
while being precise in executing work
- Proven track record of building relationships with and
influencing stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to lead conversations will broad audiences and
navigate crucial conversations regarding underrepresented
communities, privilege, and equity
- Proven record of taking initiative/self-starter
This role will work remotely temporarily due to
Keywords: Assurant, Smyrna , Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program Manager, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!