Licensed Practical Nurse, Primary Care, Smyrna, 8a to 5p
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Heart. Soul. Expertise. That's what defines an Emory
nurse. No matter where you are in your nursing career,
when you chose this distinguished profession, you chose to change
lives. We are proud to be the only health system in Georgia with
four Magnet®-recognized hospitals: Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital,
Emory University Hospital, Emory Johns Creek Hospital and Emory
University Orthopaedics and Spine Hospital.
Our nurses are integral members of inter-professional teams in
hospitals and clinics that are committed to outstanding patient
care. We're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the
country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge,
experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and
better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our
patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are
YOU ready to join us?
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing
direct and indirect nursing care to patients and families in
routine nursing situations under the direction and supervision of a
registered nurse or licensed provider.
- Assists physicians and registered nurses in the comfort, care,
and treatment of patients.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled nursing responsibilities.
Administers IVs and medications.
- Assists with diagnostic procedures. Observes and records
patients' conditions and progress.
- In more complex situations in which the patient is unstable or
requires urgent or emergent care, the LPN functions under the
direct supervision of the RN or licensed provider.
- The LPN functions as an integral member of the healthcare
- All duties and patient interaction performed in accordance with
Emory Healthcare patient and family centered care standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Conduct daily inventory of medical equipment and supplies;
maintain exam/treatment rooms per infection control policies,
standard clinic policies and sectional protocols to include
adequate supply of forms, supplies, and equipment in all exam
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Obtain and document patient vital signs, including temperature,
respirations, pulse, and blood pressure; obtain patient
measurements, to include height, weight, pain levels and others in
the electronic medical record.
- Maintains clean, safe and therapeutic environment for patient
in compliance with Universal Precautions guidelines and safety
- Serve as a mentor of section-specific training for medical
- Assist leader with development of LPN-specific
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- May provide and or conduct ongoing in-services. May serve on a
sectional, departmental, or organizational-wide committee.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing
- Computer skills preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as a Licensed
Practical Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Current BLS certification required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium):
20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66%
of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday
(constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs;
Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting,
Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical
demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the
assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but
are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous
waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical
shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor
conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries,
Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal
protective equipment, including respirators, environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
Keywords: Emory, Smyrna , Licensed Practical Nurse, Primary Care, Smyrna, 8a to 5p, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!