Head of COE RWD Analytics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a
difference for people living with severe disease. Working together
to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock
innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Real World Evidence department, based in
either Brussels, Belgium, Slough, UK, Monheim, Germany, Raleigh or
Atlanta, US we are looking for a talented individual to fill the
position of: Head of Center of Excellence of Real World Data (RWD)
The incumbent will provide people leadership and strategic
direction for flawless execution of all internal RWD analysis,
having the appropriate skills, tools and data sources available and
following appropriate processes. This includes the responsibility
for driving in a unique way the strategic execution, applying
appropriate methods to transform the patient value stories into
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Lead an analytic expert center for RWE generation for all
stakeholders, e.g. regulators, payers, HTA bodies, ensuring sound
methods and advanced analytics.
- Ensure that globally data source needs for various stakeholders
(regulators, payers, HCPs, patients etc.) are evaluated with deep
RWE subject matter expertise and strategic thinking, provided in a
timely manner, using synergies and a strategic RWD acquisition is
- Mentor and develop team members incl. subject matter expertise
and strategic thinking but also develop know-how in the team for
innovative approaches, incl. AI/ML, data visualization, result
You will contribute by:
- Making sure that resources for technical requests/analysis,
internal consultations are available, and will mentor the team
within the CoE (analytic, tools & sources, quality, processes and
trainings). The role will also ensure appropriate input into
protocol design and will oversee expertise in programming and
analysis methodology for RWE studies.
- Leading strategic partnerships with data owners and innovative
tools in collaboration with Chief Data Officer.
- Developing appropriate RWE training concepts, SOPs and
- Implementing and manages an efficient study concept/protocol
review process (e.g., PRG).
- Overseeing analysis with deep subject matter expertise, incl.
epidemiological study designs and statistical methods.
- Also being accountable globally for agile,
stakeholder-adjusted, scientific review for all non-interventional
- Establishing external networks.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following
education, experience and skills:
- You hold a relevant MSc degree, ideally a PhD.
- Pharma experience with a proven successful track record of
analysis of Real World Data in partnership with Epidemiologists,
Statisticians and Outcomes Researchers and RWE generation.
- Advanced statistical programming skills in SAS, R to solve
complex programming tasks in large databases.
- Knowledge of Health Claims databases or Electronic Medical
Records databases such as IBM Marketscan data or CPRD Data.
- Ability to integrate new kinds of RWD sources and methods into
- Knowledge of statistical and epidemiological methods.
- Strategic, innovative thinking with the ability to translate
into appropriate tactics.
- Strong networker.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Good project management skills including experience in managing
multiple tasks and delivering in time high quality.
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents
who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients.
Working for us you'll discover a place where you can grow and
express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation,
collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a
motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience
by caring about and valuing our employees - just as we do for the
patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our
pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more
about your profile and motivation.
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do
starts with a simple question: "How will this create value for
people living with severe diseases?" By putting patients at the
heart of what we do, our approach - from discovery to development
to delivery - is continuously transformed and designed around
patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in
more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company
investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge
scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic,
neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in
the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: UCB, Smyrna , Head of COE RWD Analytics, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!