Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a
difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working
together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful
solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering
The Compliance Director (E&C Lead) serves as the primary
Ethics & Compliance contact to the US Neurology business to
implement effective E&C programs to identify and mitigate risks
in scope (bribery & corruption, inappropriate promotion, Data
Privacy and adherence to local industry regulations). The E&C
Lead is responsible for the design, localization and/or
operationalization of ethics & compliance program elements and for
advising business colleagues to drive integration of E&C into
their plans & operations. The E&C Lead may manage a team of
E&C Partners to achieve stated goals
You will contribute by:
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of all industry codes, and in
cooperation with Legal, of all applicable laws and regulations.
Monitoring and following up on key developments that would impact
the business. Advising the business regarding existing and future
provisions, ensuring appropriate planning and preparation of
remediation actions if needed.
- Driving risk assessments for Ethics & Compliance in the
geographical area, ensuring that key stakeholders locally and
regionally are informed of relevant risks and implementing
- Actively participating in local industry trade association
compliance (or related) committees, helping drive appropriate
decision-making on key issues as well as integrating best practices
and benchmarking into the overall approach.
- Representing the Ethics & Compliance Team in/to internal and
external governance bodies/authorities.
- Working with relevant internal stakeholders, develops,
implements, coordinates, and delivering awareness education,
policies and procedures training, and other necessary training
programs to internal and external business partners.
- Implementing (where applicable, in collaboration with E&C
operations) robust monitoring plans based on the risk assessment;
communicate results to leadership, analyze root causes and
- Ensuring accountability is exercised through enforcement of our
policies and applicable regulations; ensuring allegation of
misconduct are reported timely and discipline actions are
implemented after investigations are done. Providing support during
investigations as needed.
- Partnering with Area/Affiliate and Global Internal Audit (GIA)
on audits, while maintaining full objectivity and independence from
- Conducting (where applicable, in collaboration with E&C
operations) due diligence activities of third parties with the
Affiliate and associated compliance risk assessment and
minimization (e.g. through training) of the pertaining high risk
- Ensuring ethics and compliance documents, records, and files
are organized and maintained in an effective way.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business on ethics &
compliance matters, including identified risk areas and
interactions with healthcare professionals, government officials,
healthcare institutions, patients and patient groups.
- Co-creating and collaborating on business initiatives to foster
innovation and creation of meaningful solutions for patients while
ensuring integrity and ethical principles are respected.
Culture of Ethics & Compliance
- Actively engaging the leadership team in each applicable
Affiliate in driving the tone from the top in integrity and
leveraging communication cascade to the organization to maintain a
high level of awareness in ethical business conduct.
- Championing speak-up, transparency, and a culture of integrity
throughout the organization.
- Acting as coach and mentor to develop E&C Area/Affiliate
- Providing guidance to E&C Area/Affiliate Partners to ensure
consistent E&C standards and counseling
- Coordinating E&C Area/Affiliate Partners to ensure highest
Interested? For this position, you'll need the following
education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience (direct or indirect - confronted and operated) in
- Proficiency in Healthcare Compliance requirements including
self-regulated industry codes
- Experience working in a transnational and multicultural
Why you should apply:
Do you want to contribute in bringing real value to patients
living with severe diseases while driving innovation forward? Join
UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will be
recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation
and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to our team and join
one of the most dynamic & forward-looking organizations in the
To apply, please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a
simple question: How will this create value for people living with
severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we
do, our approach - from discovery to development to delivery - is
continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide
operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global
biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our
revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on
addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a
real understanding of patient's needs and can deliver thoughtful
solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in
the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national