Company: Precision Oral Surgery GA
Posted on: May 15, 2022
We are an elite oral surgery practice that is committed to
exceptional care for our patients and first-class service to our
referring doctors. We are looking for a fun, hardworking,
compassionate, team player to help us grow the practice and
continue to serve our community with all of their oral surgery
needs. Previous oral surgery experience is a plus but not required.
The role of the Surgical Assistant is critical in providing
exceptional patient care resulting in the best clinical outcomes
and meeting the needs of our patients. Role and ResponsibilitiesThe
Surgical Assistant will help surgeons during surgery by performing
duties such as tissue retraction, intravenous lines, and completing
- Performs preoperative and postoperative duties to facilitate
- Verifies the identity of patients and operative sites.
- Discusses with surgeon the nature of the surgical procedure
including operative consent and methods of operative exposure.
- Monitors and maintains aseptic technique throughout
- Maintains an unobstructed operative field using surgical
retractors, sponges, and suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Determines availability of necessary equipment and supplies for
- Obtains and inspects sterile and non-sterile surgical
equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Operates sterilization devices.
- Monitors patient intraoperative status.
- Obtains dental radiographs and dental imaging.
- Completes patient clinical narratives.
- Other related duties as assigned.Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS certification required or the ability to complete within 1
month of hire.
- At Least one year of related experience preferred.
- DAANCE certification preferred.
- Licensed dental assistant preferred.
- Radiology certification preferred.Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- Good Judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for keeping people safe.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Superior listening skills with the ability to quickly
comprehend instructions in emergency situations.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology. CORE BENEFITS &
WELLNESSMedical (including Virtual Care), Dental, and Vision
CoverageEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Uniforms/Scrubs
providedFINANCIAL WELL-BEINGCompetitive pay, Bonus potential, and
annual merit reviews401(k) Plan w/Company MatchHealth Savings
Account (HSA) with HDHP health plansLIFE INSURANCEBasic and
Supplemental Life InsuranceSpouse and Child Life InsuranceTIME OFF,
DISABILITY AND LEAVE OF ABSENCEPaid Vacation (Starting at 2 weeks)
and 6 Annual Paid HolidaysEmployer Sponsored Short Term
DisabilityLong Term Disability Plan PI177212422
Keywords: Precision Oral Surgery GA, Smyrna , Surgical Assistant, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!