Machine Adjuster Trainee
Company: CENVEO WORLDWIDE
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of
print and related offerings is seeking Trainee Machine Operators
for its envelope manufacturing facility in Smyrna, GA or 3rd
shift:(11pm - 7am).Training may take place on 1st shift (7am - 3pm)
and eventually transition to the permanent shift. The schedule is
Monday - Friday with Saturdays required during busy season.The
ideal candidate will have a High School diploma with a minimum of
12 months year of relevant mechanical work experience in a
production environment and the ability to perform in a high volume
environment work with speed and accuracy.Headquartered in Stamford,
Connecticut, Cenveo encompasses more than two dozen entities in
over 100 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing
operations in Asia, South America and Central America.Cenveo
provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that
includes a Health, Dental and Vision insurance and Paid Time Off.
In addition, we provide 401k, as well as disability insurance, life
insurance, as well as other benefit plans.This is a developmental
role that requires the individual to be successfully progressing to
a Machine Adjuster position within 6-8 months. The individual's
performance will be evaluated to determine progress in and
suitability for the role.Job SummaryAssist in maintaining and
adjusting automatic envelope machines from die-cut blanks or rolls
of paper. Installs gears, plunger, rollers, or other machine parts
to accommodate specified size envelopes. Turns set screws to adjust
feeding, folding, gumming, sealing and glassine applying mechanisms
according to size of envelopes made. Assist in operating machine
for trial run and measures dimensions of first piece to ensure
conformance to specifications. Observes operation of machines and
examines machine parts visually to detect worn or outdated parts.
Disassembles machine to replace broken or worn parts, using hand or
power tools.Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential
Functions)These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant
must be able to perform with or without reasonable
- Sets up and adjusts various types of converting equipment for
safe and efficient operation in the production process. This
includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters
involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and
cleaning of the equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials
necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments
- Performs machine adjustments both standard and specials to meet
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged worn
components of machine.
- Assists in performing changes, adjustments and repairs on
- Assists in adjuster/operator training.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned
- Examines product for defects, ensures quality process is
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes
corrective action accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures
consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is segregated properly,
weighed, recorded and placed in the proper waste container.
- Change window rolls (overhead)
- Flexibility with machine assignment.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if needed.
- Ensures support materials are available to maximize
- Notifies Supervisor of recurring equipment problems and
corrective action taken.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Compliance with company policy including safety rules and
- Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste,
etc).Other (Non-Essential) FunctionsIncludes functions which are
normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these
functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a
"Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
- May provide coverage for packer based on business needs.
- Other duties and assignments as required.Job Requirements
- High School education or equivalent
- 1-2 years demonstrated mechanical/troubleshooting experience
- Previous assembly/production experience required
- Printing experience preferred but not required
- Basic math skills including the ability to use/read a
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Professional work attitude/conduct
- Proven track record with safety and quality.
- Willingness to work overtime as neededPhysical Requirements &
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and
- Frequently required to reach, bend and stoop.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds with
- Manufacturing environment. Exposure to high production/output
machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue,
etc - all materials an employee may come in contact with are
detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant
- Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a
standing position for a full shift.
- Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety
shoes.Cenveo is an EEO Employer
Keywords: CENVEO WORLDWIDE, Smyrna , Machine Adjuster Trainee, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!