Company: Waste Management
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate
or repair compactors, containers and carts.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the following tasks.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding
- Repairs compactors, containers and carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and
repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas
welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing compactors and
containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for compactor repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming,
beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver's license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Basic skills in welding techniques; knowledge of safety
procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing
compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools
equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and
servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of
special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety
of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet
maintenance software program may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Smyrna , Container Repair, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!