Machine Adjuster Trainee
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of
print and related offerings is seeking Trainee Machine Adjusters
for its envelope manufacturing facility in Smyrna, GA facility for
3rd shift: 11pm -- 7am. Training may take place on 1st shift (7am
-- 3pm) and eventually transition to 3rd shift. The schedule will
be Monday - Friday with overtime required as well as Saturdays
during busy season/based on business needs. The ideal candidate
will have a High School diploma with a minimum of 2 years of
relevant mechanical work experience in a production environment and
the ability to perform in a high volume environment work with speed
and accuracy. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo
encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities
across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South
America and Central America. Cenveo provides competitive pay and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and
Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401K,
as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other
benefit plans. This is a developmental role that requires the
individual to be successfully progressing to a Machine Adjuster
position within 6-8 months. The individual's performance will be
evaluated to determine progress in and suitability for the role.
Job Summary Assist in maintaining and adjusting automatic envelope
machines from die-cut blanks or rolls of paper. Installs gears,
plunger, rollers, or other machine parts to accommodate specified
size envelopes. Turns set screws to adjust feeding, folding,
gumming, sealing and glassine applying mechanisms according to size
of envelopes made. Assist in operating machine for trial run and
measures dimensions of first piece to ensure conformance to
specifications. Observes operation of machines and examines machine
parts visually to detect worn or outdated parts. Disassembles
machine to replace broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions) These
are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to
perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sets up and adjusts various types of converting equipment for
safe and efficient operation in the production process. This
includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters
involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and
cleaning of the equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials
necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments
- Performs machine adjustments both standard and specials to meet
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged worn
components of machine.
- Assists in performing changes, adjustments and repairs on
- Assists in adjuster/operator training.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned
- Examines product for defects, ensures quality process is
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes
corrective action accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures
consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is segregated properly,
weighed, recorded and placed in the proper waste container.
- Change window rolls (overhead)
- Flexibility with machine assignment.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if needed.
- Ensures support materials are available to maximize
- Notifies Supervisor of recurring equipment problems and
corrective action taken.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Compliance with company policy including safety rules and
- Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste,
etc). Other (Non-Essential) Functions Includes functions which are
normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these
functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a
"Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
- May provide coverage for packer based on business needs.
- Other duties and assignments as required. Job Requirements
- High School education or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated mechanical/troubleshooting
- Previous assembly/production experience required
- Printing experience preferred but not required
- Basic math skills including the ability to use/read a
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Professional work attitude/conduct
- Proven track record with safety and quality.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed Physical Requirements &
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and
- Frequently required to reach, bend and stoop.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds with
- Manufacturing environment. Exposure to high production/output
machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue,
etc -- all materials an employee may come in contact with are
detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant
- Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a
standing position for a full shift.
- Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety
shoes. Cenveo is an EEO Employer
Keywords: Cenveo, Smyrna , Machine Adjuster Trainee, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!