Radiologic Tech, PRN, Days
Posted on: November 20, 2022
This position works on an as needed basis during the day shift.
- Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays)
of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Performs routine, portable, operating room or flouoroscope
- Performs complex radiographic procedures and provides guidance
to lower level Radiologic Technologists and students.
- Positions patient, adjusts equipment to produce high quality
x-rays, and explains various procedures to the patient.
- Takes precautions to minimize staff and patient exposure to
- Assists in training radiology staff and students.
- Assists in radiology quality assurance and quality improvement
- Effectively communicates with patients, family and other health
care team members.
- Keeps patient and families abreast of patient's progress.
- Explains procedures to patients/families to reduce their
anxiety and to obtain patient cooperation.
- Assists with patient/family education.
- Assumes and provides patient care for radiologic
- Anticipates potential patient crisis by continually evaluating
patient during radiologic procedures.
- Sets up procedure rooms including equipment and supplies.
- Assists with and performs multiple radiologic procedures in
- Ensures that patients have been prepared for procedures.
- Performs routine, portable, operating room, and fluoroscopic
procedures to produce radiologic images.
- Completes all aspects of patient care documentation following
the established charting procedures.
- Completes procedures in Radiology Information System to ensure
billing of exams/procedure.
- Participates in performance improvement data collection.
- Follows all safety requirements of the hospital and
- Practices radiation protection techniques using beam
restrictive devices, patient shielding skills and knowledge of
applicable exposure factors to minimize radiation to patients and
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- May participate on safety committee.
- Properly operates, mobilizes and positions equipment.
- Sets exposure factors and uses appropriate techniques and
- Responsible for safe operation of radiologic equipment.
- Cleans equipment and stocks procedure rooms.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and advises supervisor of
equipment malfunctions.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic
Technology and at a minimum be registered with the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or be registry
- If registry eligible they must complete and pass the registry
within one (1) year of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification in accordance with the
American Heart Association required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium):
20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66%
of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday
(constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs;
Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting,
Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical
demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Smyrna , Radiologic Tech, PRN, Days, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!