Relationship Specialist - Smyrna
Company: Vystar Credit Union
Posted on: March 16, 2023
At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit
package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical
and on-the-job training program, and tuition
reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees. Part
time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.We encourage
you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of
employees.Relationship Specialist - SmyrnaACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT
The Relationship Specialist I's responsibility is to provide an
exceptional member experience and to grow new consumer and business
memberships as well as deposit, loan and investment balances along
with insurance and other protection products in alignment with the
strategic plans of the credit union. This key relationship building
position must be able to precisely describe VyStar Credit Union's
value proposition versus competitors and convey the importance of
educating and proactively helping members with their financial
goals.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to effectively have quality conversations with members
and potential members in person or via phone, ask questions, listen
carefully and make the appropriate product and service
recommendations.Present products and services in a positive,
professional and knowledgeable manner, so members can make informed
and best decisions.
- Uses each member interaction to strengthen and enhance the
member experience through continued quality conversations and
- Performs and documents transactions in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.Abides
by VyStar policies and procedures.
- Provides regulatory disclosures and information on new and
other specific types of accounts, products, services and
- Opens various types of accounts, including but not limited to:
checking and savings (personal and business), money market,
certificates of deposit, trust and IRA accounts.Verifies personal
identification to prevent fraudulent activity.
- Responsible for handling personal and business account
transactions, including but not limited to deposits, transfers,
withdrawals, credit card cash advances, etc.
- Processes various types of loan applications, including but not
limited to Auto VIPs, credit cards and lines of credit.Ability to
effectively offer more complex loan products.
- Has a basic understanding of credit reports and ability to have
quality lending conversations with members.
- Provides additional services to members including but not
limited to:notary service, wiretransfers, savings bond redemptions,
safe deposit box services, gift cards, fraud and forgery claims,
credit and debit card disputes, etc.
- Ensures the success of other key departments through referrals,
including but not limited to Mortgage, Business Services,
Insurance, and Investment Services.
- Exercises great judgment and discretion within well-defined
limits and works with relative independence to accomplish
- Performs routine account maintenance and changes to names,
addresses, telephone numbers, and issuing or reordering debit,
credit or replacement ATM cards.
- Performs other duties as assigned in assisting the branch with
daily business such as: balancing of the ATMs, branch opening
and/or closing, locating teller outages, etc.
- Resolves member problems independently and escalates more
- Responsible for check proofing, validating checks received each
day, and remain compliant with all VyStar procedures for check
- Works cooperatively in a team environment and ability to
balance between individual and team responsibilities and key
- Performs other duties as assigned.JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Previous experience in a sales and/or customer service
position, community service, military service, asking questions,
offering recommendations and making referrals is preferred,
preferably with a financial institution.
- Ability to process accurate transactions and requests.
- Must possess and utilize excellent listening skills, verbal and
written communications skills.
- Proficient in the use of the Internet and Microsoft
- Must have an outgoing personality and a strong desire to help
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude.
- Must be able to handle many tasks in a fast-paced
- Must possess strong critical thinking and decision-making
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree is preferred.DISCLAIMERS AND WORK
ENVIRONMENTNothing in this position description is an implied
contract for employment. The position description is intended to be
an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are
not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by
management.The work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an employee may encounter while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.As required or requested, may exert up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
Keywords: Vystar Credit Union, Smyrna , Relationship Specialist - Smyrna, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...