Genetic Counseling Assistant
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: May 18, 2023
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Pre appointment preparation Speak to any patient in need of
assistance collecting family history information and document this
history in EMR system. Answer common questions from patients about
upcoming appointment Help patients access personal or family prior
genetic testing prior to appointment as directed by genetic
counselors Triage patient scheduling based on referral indication
Ensure patients have accurate directions for upcoming
- Assistant to genetic counselors Coordinate and research all
insurance coverage for genetic testing for patients. Prepare
letters of medical necessity with guidance from genetic counselor.
Assist with coordinating genetic testing for family members for
diagnostic testing at the direction of the genetic counselor by
inputting accurate orders in laboratory on-line portals. Check
status of outstanding genetic testing and adjust patient follow up
appointments as needed. Send Mychart messages to patients with
low-risk results documenting information appropriately in EMR and
asking with any patient follow up calls related to these
- Support Administrative Staff Act as a resource for
administrative staff with questions about incoming referrals and
- Professional Role Manner and dress reflect image of
professional health care provider in World Class Clinic setting
Demonstrate outstanding written, verbal, non-verbal and
interpersonal communication skills. Possess and demonstrate
sensitivity to individual spiritual, cultural, language and ethnic
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of
work, and code of conduct.
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
- 1-2 years post high school education Required
Required Minimum Experience
- 1-2 years in a health care related position Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent phone etiquette focused on customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Smyrna , Genetic Counseling Assistant, Other , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...