Senior Benefits Analyst
Company: Murata Electronics North America (MENA)
Posted on: January 8, 2021
For over 70 years, Murata Electronics has been a tireless
innovator, committed to developing technologies that profoundly
change the world around us. Our innovation is inside more
state-of-the-art equipment than you may imagine.Murata solutions
enable global product companies to turn their visions into reality
- from mobile communications to computers and networking, medical
devices to power solutions, smart home technologies to automotive
electronics.Our past innovations drive today's technology, and our
present innovations are shaping tomorrow's. Whatever the future
holds, you can be sure it will contain Murata.LocationSmyrna,
GAGeneral SummaryThe Senior Benefits Analyst will be reporting to
the Senior Benefits Manager and is responsible for administering
and communicating benefit programs, as well as interpreting
policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with regulatory
agencies. Provides analytical and technical support in the delivery
of benefit programs including analyzing, monitoring, and
recommending actions due to new and evolving benefits legislation.
Ensures that plans are administered consistent with company
objectives and strategy.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Analyzes enrollment, coverage, equity, and financial impact
across the organization as compared to industry benchmarks,
geographic and legislative trends, and requirements.
- Responsible for the analysis, forecasting, auditing, and
reporting of benefits data including, but not limited to, health
and welfare plans, savings plans, and Workers' Compensation
- Routinely researches and presents recommendations for benefit
plan adoption or revision based on findings and employee
- Coordinates and administers all employee benefits
- Coordinates and supports benefit enrollment processes.
- Assists in the review of plan documents and materials.
- Participates in annual plan renewals and enrollments, including
the modification of benefit materials, scheduling of enrollment
meetings, the transmission of enrollment data to vendors, and
resolution of post-enrollment issues.
- Monitors HRIS benefits management system and reviews all
benefit vendor file feedback reports.
- Responsible for coordination of data necessary to complete
internal, state and/or federal reporting, testing, audits, and plan
- Processes and reconciles benefits invoices for
payment.Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
- Assures company compliance with provisions of ERISA and other
regulatory requirements. Works with broker to assist with
preparation of various reports required by law to be filed with
federal and state agencies such as 5500's.
- Prepares routine and ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Ensures employee personal benefit plans are confidential,
compliant, maintained, and secured.
- Vendor management including tracking performance metrics and
suggesting process and program improvements
- Maintains and recommends improvements to processes, procedures,
and documentation to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of
benefits program administration.
- Administers all leaves of absences and coordinates associated
short- and long-term disability claims.
- Participates in committees, special projects, and seeks
- Performs other duties as neededCompetenciesTeamworkCustomer
OrientationResults OrientationPromotes Innovation & ChangeCritical
Thinking & Decision MakingFunctional/Technical KnowledgeRequired
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in
benefits administration with multi-state environments.
- Benefit Certification (i.e. CBP, CCP, CEBS).
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex, changing laws and
administrative regulations affecting health and wellness programs
including but not limited to Section 125 regulations, COBRA, FMLA,
HIPPA, ACA, ADAAA, and IRS regulations. Incumbents are expected to
exercise significant discretion and independent judgment while
performing their duties pursuant to laws, regulations, policies,
administrative rules, and procedures.
- Must possess strong analytical, consulting and influencing
skills with the ability to interface with all levels within an
- Must be highly proficient with spreadsheets, databases and HRIS
management tools. Must possess proven project management skills
including but not limited to excellent planning, time management,
decision-making, and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with HRIS, MS Excel, Word, and
PowerPoint.TravelInfrequent travel required.Imagine the
possibilities as a member of Murata's innovative global team. Be an
innovator - Join Murata! Murata offers competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer - M/F/Disabilities/Veteran s
Keywords: Murata Electronics North America (MENA), Smyrna , Senior Benefits Analyst, Professions , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!