Chief Estimator/Pre-Construction Manager
Company: NorthPoint Search Group
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionChief Estimator/Pre-Construction Manager -
Industrial electrical estimating experienceRole and
- Act as a key leader for estimating, scheduling, and design
management, pre-construction, coordination, and delivery of
services for various pursuits and construction projects.
- Has primary responsibility for activities on a variety of
projects ranging in size and complexity, including developing
preliminary budgets, value engineering, construction schedules,
procurement plan, prequalification of subcontractors, detailed
take-off and estimating, definition of bid package scopes, the
subcontractor/supplier bidding process, evaluation of bids,
presentation of detailed estimates of the work, evaluation of
alternatives and comparative studies, assists the Project Team in
buying-out the project.
- Develop and ensure adherence to approved processes and
procedures of the organization, develop long-term strategies to
support the development of estimates for proposals and management
of design in support of the project execution.
- Manage and supervise the work of all estimating support staff
(estimators and project managers who estimate). Assigns and
coordinates scope of work with estimating staff for each project.
Reviews project plans, specifications, estimating scopes and
pricing prepared by estimating staff.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with new and
existing customers, in conjunction with Business Development and
Branch staff; receive, analyze and evaluate the request for
proposals and prioritize them for assignment to estimating. Build
effective relationships with customers, design team,
subcontractors, suppliers, and other user groups in support of the
Company Vision and Strategy.
- Provide support for the various phases of project activities
including development of scopes of work for subcontractors,
studies, supporting multi-functional project execution teams on
Front End Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Procurement, and
- Ensure all staff personnel are adequately trained to perform
their assigned tasks/roles, ensure estimators understand and use
approved estimating, design management, and project management
software in support of proposals and awarded projects.
- Ensure coordination across all areas within the organization,
ensure estimates are accurate and encompass the requirements of the
Requests for Proposals (RFPs), perform reviews and analyzes RFPs to
ensure all risk items, contracts terms, and conditions are
identified, evaluated, reviewed with senior management, and
accurately captured in the estimates in order to mitigate risk,
analyze cost models during proposal preparation and design
development of awarded contracts, ensure estimates include the
necessary general conditions to ensure all costs are adequately
covered and are not excessive in order to remain
competitive.Qualifications and Skills
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build and manage
client relationships, deliver outstanding client service and engage
with all stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
related discipline or has extensive industry related
- 10+ years of estimating and construction experience on
institutional, industrial, manufacturing and heavy industrial
construction projects including fixed price, design build and
- Previous Project Management experience on large, complex
- Successful completion of multiple project assignments in a
significant role, which must include medium ($10M) and large-sized
- Knowledge of Design, Engineering, Procurement, Material
Management, Construction and Commissioning, work processes,
sequencing, and interfaces.
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail, good
decision-making skills, and the ability to approach and handle
- Computer and software skills to include the use of estimating
software, bid management, online plan rooms, database applications,
e-mail, spreadsheets, electronic presentations, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).Compensation and
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Company vehicle, cell phone, and computer will be provided
- Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k), employee share
plan, vacation time, paid holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability CoveragePowered by
Keywords: NorthPoint Search Group, Smyrna , Chief Estimator/Pre-Construction Manager, Professions , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!