Fleet Manager - Auto Transportation PM
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Logistics Fleet Manager - Nights Mon-Fri
CarMax, the way your career should be!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY :
Responsible for regularly managing and directing the work of a team
of Fleet Drivers, Dispatchers, Coordinators, Analysts, Logistics
Associates, or other positions deemed necessary in performing the
Transportation related operational functions within a designated
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage territory Fleet Drivers including the
performance development, scheduling and training, etc.
- Work with internal fleet drivers to share goals and strategy in
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development
through timely and- effective feedback, to include individual
meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual
Performance Review (APR) process
Executing day to day operational logistics functions:
- Problem solve and exercise judgement to make modifications to
daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Directly manage regional fleet drivers including fleet safety
within the region
- Achieve daily KPI metrics to include 98% or better on time
performance score, Bill of Lading utilization as determined in each
lane by the senior manager, dwell time management
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers
throughout the day by answering incoming calls
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers
- Monitor route changes or road construction issues and work with
drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Champion and implement both company and store initiatives for
consistent execution, continuous improvement and ensures team is
trained on CarMax standards
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to
identify opportunities in the territory
- Monitors standard reporting for their territory to determine
priority level of moves.
- Communicate to key stakeholders all pertinent information
captured after all store visits, conference calls, work groups and
- Partners across Merchandising, Operations, & Sales to produce
daily ship plan with staffing targets
- Partner with third party vendors to provide fleet coverage as
- Manage daily hub operations which includes coordination of
shipping and receiving
- Partner with Senior store leadership to address operational
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs for all fleet equipment
to include scheduling and partnering with lease vendors
- Displays financial responsibility
Internal Fleet Management:
- Monitor Telogis for violations or safety concerns and provide
feedback to fleet drivers.
- Coordinates with Background Screening and ensures all internal
fleet driver DOT qualification documents, and DOT requirements, are
current and in compliance with DOT regulation.
- Work with CarMax telematics solution to measure fleet
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to
- Partner with Home Office Logistics team to align performance
and future needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential dutysatisfactorily.-The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Management Development Program completion preferred.
Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment Speak,
listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers and
associates across departments Read, interpret, and transcribe data
in order to maintain accurate records Make independent judgments
regarding critical business decisions Identify business
opportunities and suggest improvements
Education and/or Experience: -
Previous management experience with retail management preferred.
Completion of CarMax provided training Bachelor's Degree a plus
Intermediate PC skills. Dedicated fleet or logistics experience
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Carmax, Smyrna , Fleet Manager - Auto Transportation PM, Professions , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!